The checklist of items in chronological order:
- Winterize and blowout of the irrigation system and pump house.
- Winterize 5 & 13 building for the season.
- Fungicide applications for the prevention of snow mold on tees, greens and fairways.
- Removal of items from the course. This includes ball washers, benches, garbage receptacles, bunker rakes, hole signs, etc. Many of these items are painted prior to the upcoming golf season.
- Deep tining of greens to help prevent the build up of water on the surface of our greens. These holes go down 7-8" and move water off the greens surface during snow melt or rain.
- Moderate sand topdressing applied to greens, tees and approaches.
- Green covers put on holes #1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 17, and the putting green.
The forecast for the next week and half looks cold but no significant snowfall is expected. After we finish our closing procedures we will look to finish some items on the course. #11 drainage, seeding of #13 wooded area, #18 drainage are things we will try to tackle as long as weather permits.